License Plates

To: spridgets@autox.team.net j9RILSm0016764
Subject: License Plates
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:22:03 -0500
When I first got my WRX I got stopped for speeding (that might be fairly
common with a WRX). The sheriff's deputy saw that I didn't have a front plate
and told me he could issue a ticket for that, but only gave me a warning. I
did get a ticket for speeding, however. And when he went around the back of
the car to get my license number, he noticed my aftermarket exhaust. He told
me to turn on my engine. When I did, he said "Oh, that's terrible. No one
wants to hear that in Plymouth!" I thought about telling him that there were
some young Hmongs and Latinos on the street corner who thought it sounded
pretty good, but I didn't. Anyway, he issued a warning for the exhaust, too.
My point is I guess you can get away with some things if you don't get
stopped for a moving violation. BTW - I don't speed anymore, although I do
take a few rural corners pretty fast sometimes, when it's safe (got the turn
in, apex and exit pretty well nailed).

Bud Pazur