RE: hood and drums

To: "'Guy R Day'" <grday@btinternet.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: hood and drums
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 07:22:08 -0500
There are those of us racers that do not use the paper gasket, or the O ring
seal... we just use schmoo (RTV silicone). So, let's say you've schmoo'd the
axle cap, and inserted the axle... the screws (preferably allen head) help
hold it all together in place with pressure. Ad the drum, and you get one
more screw. This is useful if you're not bolting up the wheel right away.