RE: Bumper cars in Portland Oregon!

To: "'bjshov8'" <bjshov8@comcast.net>, "'Spridget List'"
Subject: RE: Bumper cars in Portland Oregon!
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 22:52:45 -0500
"Light" is a very relative term, these days.  When compared to cars of
30 years ago, ALL of today's cars are morbidly obese.
And, when I mentioned smaller, lighter AWD vehicles, I wasn't speaking
of SUVs.  Sure, the Subarus seem to be the most plentiful, but, Audis
have been available with AWD since, what, the early 80s.  The AWD
equipped VWs are also pretty sweet (I'd LOVE to have one of the AWD
Golfs).  When/if I ever get the time, I'd really like to get my VW
Quantum Syncro (in reality a "Baby Quattro" in VW sheet metal) wagon
back on the road.  I just LOVE that car.....no high tech, electronic
traction control, ABS or any of that crap.  Just that wonderful little
inline 5 cyl, with a close ratio 5 speed and manually activated (pull
knob in center console) dif locks.
Anyhow, there are plenty of AWD vehicles which don't come under the
"elephantine" heading of the traditional SUV.
Bud Osbourne