Re: Bumper cars in Portland Oregon!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bumper cars in Portland Oregon!
From: "Philip Jones" <philip.s.jones@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 20:24:48 -0800
Growing up in Seattle, I'll agree that we have our fair share of morons in
the northwest.  However, I do believe that we have some unusual conditions
here, which others have already touched on.  One good example of how
slippery our snow gets is this:  my Dad drove home in about 4 - 6 inches of
snow the other night, and parked in his driveway, which has a slight slope.
More than two hours later, sometime during the night, his truck started
sliding down his driveway, slid across the sidewalk, down the entry ramp and
out into the street.  When the roads get like that, you might as well stay
in bed.