Re[2]: Bumper cars in Portland Oregon!

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re[2]: Bumper cars in Portland Oregon!
From: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 19:55:24 -0800
Hello Frank,

       WFO lives in Southern Oregon, near Grant's Pass..

       when i lived back east, (NY about 75 miles north of the city) i
       was AMAZED .. there were simply no cars older than 5 or years
       old that weren't rust buckets.. in the summer one could see
       older cars, but nothing used for daily transportation... out
       here (where they DO NOT SALT the roads, its not unusual to see
       a car 20, 30, or even 40 years old that is and has been used
       DAILY... 60's Ford Falcon's.. Ramblers, Valiants, etc are still
       on the road.. (jeeze, those slant sixes just won't die!!)....
       as long as no one takes 'em to the coast, (salt air!!) we drive
       'em until they wear out, not RUST AWAY... heck, i just last
       summer gave away my 1988 Ford Tempo (that i bought NEW) with
       170,000 miles on it.. and still the only rust where i had
       banged it!.. .. heck why do you think Paul A. can keep his
       MORRIS running? sure he's a fantastic mechanic, but the bodies
       stay sound .. !

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:pythias@pacifier.com