Re: Re: Bumper cars in Portland Oregon!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Bumper cars in Portland Oregon!
From: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:56:08 -0500
That is special!!!  Here you have to be mindful that someone may have polished
up the hardpacked snow.  ( sliding up to the stop and spinning out )  You can
be driving with good traction and then hit that when you try to stop.  But, it
doesn't get that slippery on it's own.  Of course, he drove through the snow up
the driveway, packing it down in the process.  If a wind came up and shook the
car, and or the weather had warmed it could be convinced to start sliding . . .
Nah! He was drunk and left it out of gear. :)

As a yout, I was driving delivery in a regular sized van of the day, during
some freezing rain accompanied with a wind.  I was stopped at the bottom of an
offramp at a red light and as gusts of wind hit, it was pushing my van sideways
towards another car.  I looked at him, and he at me.  I shrugged a signal,
meaning "I can't do anything about it."  The light changed and we drove away.