RE: Good Grief! AR Silverstone Mags

To: "'derf'" <derf247@gmail.com>, "'Spridgets'"
Subject: RE: Good Grief! AR Silverstone Mags
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 03:39:44 -0600
I've got 17 of those... (and 13 of the American Racing Libre wheels...
and... well.. the list goes on..)

The Silverstones are magnesium, and very light. The Libre's are
significantly heavier.

They always should be checked for cracks. I've not found any of the 13"
wheels to be cracked, but I have friends that race Triumphs, and the 15"
wheels seem to be found with cracks quite often. (Maybe it's the additional
spoke length and heavier chassis that causes this... not sure...)