Re: Good Grief! AR Silverstone Mags

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>, "'Biff Jones'"
Subject: Re: Good Grief! AR Silverstone Mags
From: "Paul Asgeirsson" <PAsgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:44:23 -0800
WST,

I though the magnesium wheels were lighter than the 12 or 13 lbs that the
EBay wheels are.  So what is the weight for the real magnesium wheels and
what do the aluminum look a likes weigh?

It's possible I'm leading a sheltered life when it comes to these wheels,
but I've only seen one set of the true magnesium ones.  I picked it up and
was really impressed with how light it was, and with the asking price, which
was something in the $300 each, and they were used ones.

So with all the talk going around these wheels, which are the real ones and
which are the ones that are not magnesium?

TIA, Paul A