Re: Good Grief! AR Silverstone Mags

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Good Grief! AR Silverstone Mags
From: "Biff Jones" <biffjones@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 10:45:35 -0500
Since this is a topic this morning I have a question on the AR Silverstone
mags:  How do you keep them looking good?  I have a set of them on my bugeye
and while they will polish up (rim part) very nicely they oxidize quickly.
I tried polishing them and then coating them with clear coat wheel spray but
they oxidized under the clear coat and pushed the clear coat off.  I've
tried different waxs but all they do is slow down the oxidation.  Is there a
way to polish them up and keep them shiny?

TIA,Biff Jones
'Frogarri' '59 Bugeye
'Ole Gray' '61 AH Sprite
'Freebie' '71 MG Midget