RE: Good Grief! AR Silverstone Mags

To: "'Paul Asgeirsson'" <PAsgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>, "'Biff Jones'"
Subject: RE: Good Grief! AR Silverstone Mags
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 12:23:40 -0600
The true "Mag" wheels ares something like 7 lbs each, while aluminum wheels
vary from 10 to 14 lbs. (Trying to remember this from the day long ago when
I set them on a UPS scale...)

I also have an original set of magnesium Minilites. Compared to the Minitour
Minilie replicas sold everywhere these days, (sp?)... they have to weigh
less than half of the modern aluminum wheel.