RE: Portable generators --No LBC

To: "Billy Zoom" <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Subject: RE: Portable generators --No LBC
From: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis@va.gov>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:26:36 -0500
I'm the last house on the western end of an electrical grid that is
owned by Detroit Edison.  In the summer it's electrical storms and
falling branches and trees; in the winter it's heavy snow and falling
branches and trees; in the spring it's ice storms and falling branches
and trees.  In the fall, it's probably leaves or guys in ultralites
flying into the towers.  But I'm the first to go, and the last to come
back on.  We lose power about 10 times a year for anywhere from 3 hours
to 5 days.  I really should have a  better generator than this
pull-start Tecumseh pop-motor.