Re: Plasma Cutters

To: Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Plasma Cutters
From: James F Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:16:43 -0400
Lin:

John told you what I know about inverters vs. transformer units.  I went
with the HTP200 inverter because it seemed to offer more versatility
that similarly priced transformer units at the time.  I can send you a
PDF of the HTP manual if you would like (about 500k size) and you can
see what the features are.  I was impressed with their build quality and
customer service.  Also, the unit is way lighter than a transformer unit
and draws less amperage (25A/220V) from the wall than a transformer
unit.  I can run it from a dryer outlet.

Just about any TIG is also configured to use as a stick welder.

Jim