Re: Modern Gentleman

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Modern Gentleman
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 21:10:03 -0600
Not to beat a dead horse......but......
I REALLY like my recently acquired Miata.  I'm planning to sell the
Midget.  The Miata is that good.  Several listers own both and can
attest to the Miata.  I have new respect for Mazda, too.  I called
customer service and gave them the VIN and a very nice lady told me
where it was delivered, when the factory warranty started, what
options came on the car, no recalls, etc.  The car is a 94.  Mazda did
their homework and made a great car, IMHO.

The point here is that any two seat roadster type car will have to
compete with the Miata.  The Chinese aren't stupid.  A big part of the
reason they bought the rights to the MG is the success of the Miata.
So, you can expect the Modern Gentleman to be somewhat competetive
with the Miata.  Whether or not the Chinese intend to make the US a
market for the Modern Gent is another matter.  But, don't expect them
to make Yugos.   There is already a relatively inexpensive, proven
model in the worldwide "roadster" marketplace.  If the Chinese are
entering that market, then they think they can do it better(doubt it)
and/or cheaper(probably).