Re: Air/fuel ratio monitors

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: Air/fuel ratio monitors
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 10:01:24 -0600
Are you running any boost retard?
I'm sure you're running high octane fuel.
Done any IAT monitoring?

I guess I see the point if you want to keep an eye on the ratio but
for tuning, data logging is the way to go.  Under hard acceleration,
for example, it is hard to watch the tach and O2 ratio gauge
simultaneously and determine what is happening at X RPM in first gear,
etc.  I'm sure you know about things like "lean tip in" on turbos
which you can compensate for with fuel management but with carbs you
probably just want to go a little rich in certain areas to compensate.