Re: Horrible Freight Arc Welder question.

To: Bud Osbourne <abcoz@hky.com>, "'Jim Juhas'"
Subject: Re: Horrible Freight Arc Welder question.
From: Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 20:27:14 -0700
> How have I managed to weld for the last 30+ years without an
> auto-darkening "helmet"?
Maybe you have better eyesight than I do. I have thick bifocals, and I find
the auto darkening helmet makes life a lot easier because I have to get the
weld lined up just under the bifocal line of my lenses and then line that up
with the opening in the helmet. Nodding my head to lower the helmet always
throws me off for a second. With the electric helmet, I can get my eyeballs
aligned properly and then start welding.
BZ