Re: [Spridgets] 948 piston question

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 948 piston question
From: Bill Masquelier <billmasq@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 15:34:27 -0800
My only concern would be if the con rods would hit the cylinder sleeves since
the throw of the crank is bigger.
BillM

> Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 11:20:47 -0700
> From: cosmicmag1380@gmail.com
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 948 piston question
>
>  ... but none of that matters if you use a 1098 crank right?
>
> But then you'd have one of those small-main 1098's that blow up.
>

> OK, let's get serious for a minute. One of my "down the road" projects
> that I've been thinking about doing is taking a 2 inch main 1098 and
> sleeving it down to make it a 948 for use with a Judson. That way it
> won't have the bottom end problems (as much anyways) of a supercharged
> engine nor would it have the heat buildup problem common to engines
> too big in volume for the stock Judson... I had planned to use stock
> 948 pistons with the sleeved 1098 blod and crank. Can it be done using
> stock parts?
> --
> Kent
> 1960 Bugeye
> 1967 Sprite - following in the 73's footsteps to the boneyard...

Windows 7: Unclutter your desktop. Learn more.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/videos-tours.aspx?h=7sec&slideid=1
&media=aero-shake-7second&listid=1&stop=1&ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-U
S:WWL_WIN_7secdemo:122009