Re: [Spridgets] 948 piston question

To: <60bugeye@cebridge.net>, spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 948 piston question
From: brian S <bugeye15@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 19:24:22 -0500

If you find 1098 pistons cheap, why not build a
small main 1098? I'm sure there are plenty to be had cheaply enough.
Probably a few people on the list with a short block lying around.
Don't let Billy Z jinx you and the rest of us. ;-)

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer finally resto'ed!

> From: 60bugeye@cebridge.net
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 22:54:45 -0600
> Subject: [Spridgets] 948 piston question
> Whilst out surfing E-By looking for pistons I have noticed tht several
> auctions for A40's use the same pistons HOWEVER some of them say the
> are for  1098's not a 948 while others say the pistons fit a 948.  Are the
> pistons interchangable?  Or can a 948 be overbored to use 1098 pistons?
> the piston heights the same?  i am trying to find a reasonable set of
> to build a new bottom end block for Iris.  Tm tryired of fighting the oil
> pressure issue so every part on the new block is going to be scutinized.
> is going to be driven t Elkhart not worked on or left sitting.
> leo

Windows 7: Unclutter your desktop. Learn more.