Re: [Spridgets] News from England (no LBC)

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Weslake1330 <weslake1330@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] News from England (no LBC)
From: Michael MacLean via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 19:08:13 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_1010895_1693456412.1584644893586

 Not too different on this side of the pond.Mike MacLean

    On Thursday, March 19, 2020, 11:42:56 AM PDT, Weslake1330 via Spridgets=
 <spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote: =20
=20
 Hi List,
Some (no LBC) news from England.
As I told my kids (22 and 17) earlier I am 56 years old and I have never se=
en supermarket shelves empty like I did earlier this evening.=C2=A0 Thursda=
y is one of my normal shopping days, the other is Monday.=C2=A0 Call me a s=
nob but I shop in Sainsburys and the other shoppers looked like Asda shoppe=
rs!
Ever since 9/11 I have kept a diverse supply of canned and dried food along=
 with some water and a few cartons of UHT milk - it would keep the family g=
oing for about 3 weeks.=C2=A0 I have a note of the use by dates and routine=
ly an old tin comes out of the cupboard to be used and a new tin goes in th=
e cupboard to replace it. Of course we do always have other food in the 're=
gular' cupboard and we have a small freezer.=C2=A0 So, I'm constantly able =
to remind the rest of my family about this in case they need reassurance.=
=C2=A0 We have few elderly neighbours and we can share or shop for them if =
they need us to
We call it toilet paper and I think you might mostly call=C2=A0it toilet ti=
ssue and not to put too fine a point on it it's what you wipe your arse wit=
h.=C2=A0 In normal times we have occasionally had a martial row when the pe=
rson who was supposed to buy some let stocks expire.=C2=A0 Kitchen roll mak=
es a poor substitute and can block your household plumbing/outside drain an=
d sewer.=C2=A0 We have a reasonable stock at present but I'm old enough to =
know that know is a good time to hang onto a few more old newspapers than w=
e do normally.=C2=A0 Of course I'm not sure we have any 'bulldog clips' but=
 I think we could manage without if necessary.=C2=A0 I guess other folk mus=
t have softer backsides than I do or worry about seeing a reflection that i=
ncludes newspaper print when they look in the mirror.
The train I take to and from work each day is now almost empty.=C2=A0 Most =
of my office is working from home but I want to stay at work for as long as=
 possible.=C2=A0 IT hasn't been great for everyone and here at home while I=
 have broadband it runs on copper wire to the telephone pole outside my hou=
se and most likely to the green 'GPO' box at the end of my straight and may=
be still copper to the exchange in the town centre.
I don't have money worries but things can change fast and there are many wo=
rkers over hear in the wrong kind of job which now amounts to no job.
The virus doesn't actually seem to kill that many people and I expect to li=
ve but if I don't I'm insured.=C2=A0 I'm also 'saved' (from my sins) so don=
't have to worry about where I'm going to end up - Heaven, or no-where if I=
'm mistaken in my beliefs.
So apart from what you can read at the BBC news site (which I think has som=
e bias) things are unusual here. I almost forgot - motor racing has been ca=
ncelled and the churches have closed.
So maybe by a little extra now and again before panic buying takes off in y=
our part of the world and if 'Bird Flu Pandemic' (practically the same book=
 as 'Corona Virus' isn't your sort of thing maybe give a helpful vote to th=
e positive reviews or read 'Rich Girl' - more of a gear head story.=C2=A0 '=
Course even if I sell vast amounts of books and can actually afford to cros=
s the pond for a meet or an o-shit - there might not be many planes flying.=
=C2=A0 And the winner in all this is - The Environment and the toilet paper=
 manufacturers - mostly likely short term for both.
Regards
Daniel1312

------------------------

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/arc=
hive

eer.mike@att.net
 =20
------=_Part_1010895_1693456412.1584644893586

=3D"font-family: times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 16px;"=
de of the pond.</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">Mike MacLean<br=
       =20
ans-serif;font-size:13px;color:#26282a;">
               =20
                    On Thursday, March 19, 2020, 11:42:56 AM PDT, Weslake13=