Re: [Spridgets] News from England (no LBC)

To: Weslake1330 <weslake1330@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] News from England (no LBC)
From: Ron Soave via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 22:04:09 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>

--Apple-Mail-B2ADB33C-1C0D-4607-9EF9-E61D83A449EC
        charset=utf-8

We=E2=80=99re getting by here in Roscoe, IL, still playing with Spridgets an=
d TRs and Spec Racers. Exponential growth is a dizzying thing, and I love ou=
r guy Dr. Fauci. He doesn=E2=80=99t care about politics.=20

Fortunately, our small business has a department of defense component, and m=
ore importantly right now we are 35% medical  actuation, so we are hoping to=
 avoid a shutdown. We=E2=80=99ve been asked to ramp up production of an actu=
ator we make (YouTube search Zoll Autopulse; that=E2=80=99s our actuator in t=
he guts of the machine), and we are rapidly working to help with ventilator d=
emand. Conservative models show we will need 100,000 more than currently exi=
st. I now know a person who has it, a healthy 40-something Colorado ski bum w=
ho air bnb=E2=80=99d her place to an Austrian who had it. She is just coming=
 off 5 days of 102F to 104F fevers.=20

Stay safe, all.=20

Ron Soave

> On Mar 19, 2020, at 9:07 PM, WFO Herb via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.=
net> wrote:
>=20
> =EF=BB=BF
> Ditto what Mike said; much the same here.
>=20
> As a single guy, I eat out (not much of a cook).  With all restaurants clo=
sed, I may be shedding a few pounds.  Crazy!
>=20
> Here's the rub...Why is it we can't eat out or be in a group of more than 1=
0 people yet the grocery stores are packed with hundreds of people?  If the m=
ean old virus is anywhere that's where it would be, right.
>=20
> Look at the numbers, things don't add up.  The liberal and the left has br=
ought America to a standstill.=20
>=20
> Herb
>=20
>> On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 11:43 AM Weslake1330 via Spridgets <spridgets@aut=
ox.team.net> wrote:
>> Hi List,
>>=20
>> Some (no LBC) news from England.
>>=20
>> As I told my kids (22 and 17) earlier I am 56 years old and I have never s=
een supermarket shelves empty like I did earlier this evening.  Thursday is o=
ne of my normal shopping days, the other is Monday.  Call me a snob but I sh=
op in Sainsburys and the other shoppers looked like Asda shoppers!
>>=20
>> Ever since 9/11 I have kept a diverse supply of canned and dried food alo=
ng with some water and a few cartons of UHT milk - it would keep the family g=
oing for about 3 weeks.  I have a note of the use by dates and routinely an o=
ld tin comes out of the cupboard to be used and a new tin goes in the cupboa=
rd to replace it. Of course we do always have other food in the 'regular' cu=
pboard and we have a small freezer.  So, I'm constantly able to remind the r=
est of my family about this in case they need reassurance.  We have few elde=
rly neighbours and we can share or shop for them if they need us to
>>=20
>> We call it toilet paper and I think you might mostly call it toilet tissu=
e and not to put too fine a point on it it's what you wipe your arse with.  I=
n normal times we have occasionally had a martial row when the person who wa=
s supposed to buy some let stocks expire.  Kitchen roll makes a poor substit=
ute and can block your household plumbing/outside drain and sewer.  We have a=
 reasonable stock at present but I'm old enough to know that know is a good t=
ime to hang onto a few more old newspapers than we do normally.  Of course I=
'm not sure we have any 'bulldog clips' but I think we could manage without i=
f necessary.  I guess other folk must have softer backsides than I do or wor=
ry about seeing a reflection that includes newspaper print when they look in=
 the mirror.
>>=20
>> The train I take to and from work each day is now almost empty.  Most of m=
y office is working from home but I want to stay at work for as long as poss=
ible.  IT hasn't been great for everyone and here at home while I have broad=
band it runs on copper wire to the telephone pole outside my house and most l=
ikely to the green 'GPO' box at the end of my straight and maybe still coppe=
r to the exchange in the town centre.
>>=20
>> I don't have money worries but things can change fast and there are many w=
orkers over hear in the wrong kind of job which now amounts to no job.
>>=20
>> The virus doesn't actually seem to kill that many people and I expect to l=
ive but if I don't I'm insured.  I'm also 'saved' (from my sins) so don't ha=
ve to worry about where I'm going to end up - Heaven, or no-where if I'm mis=
taken in my beliefs.
>>=20
>> So apart from what you can read at the BBC news site (which I think has s=
ome bias) things are unusual here. I almost forgot - motor racing has been c=
ancelled and the churches have closed.
>>=20
>> So maybe by a little extra now and again before panic buying takes off in=
 your part of the world and if 'Bird Flu Pandemic' (practically the same boo=
k as 'Corona Virus' isn't your sort of thing maybe give a helpful vote to th=
e positive reviews or read 'Rich Girl' - more of a gear head story.  'Course=
 even if I sell vast amounts of books and can actually afford to cross the p=
ond for a meet or an o-shit - there might not be many planes flying.  And th=
e winner in all this is - The Environment and the toilet paper manufacturers=
 - mostly likely short term for both.
>>=20
>> Regards
>>=20
>> Daniel1312
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> ------------------------
>>=20
>> spridgets@autox.team.net
>>=20
>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>>=20
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/a=
rchive
>>=20
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/frogg=
i60@gmail.com
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> 'In God We Trust'  Will be on every e-mail I send out from now on because,=
 I don't want to lose our right to say it!.
> =20
>=20
> The only people worth getting even with are those who have helped you. -  A=
nonymous
>=20
> Here is an Important Message for anyone who receives this email:  If you f=
orward this correspondence, PLEASE DELETE THE FORWARDING HISTORY, which incl=
udes my email address!  It is a courtesy to me and others who may not wish t=
o have their email addresses sent all over the world!  Erasing the history h=
elps prevent Spammers from mining addresses and viruses from being propagate=
d!  IT ALSO PROTECTS YOU.
>=20
> No trees were harmed in the creation of this email, though numerous electr=
ons were horribly inconvenienced.
>=20
> NOTICE: It is okay to print this email. Paper is a plentiful, biodegradabl=
e, renewable, recyclable, sustainable product made from trees that supports o=
ur economy by providing jobs and income for millions of Americans. Thanks to=
 improved forest management, we have more trees in America today than we had=
 100 years ago.
o@yahoo.com

--Apple-Mail-B2ADB33C-1C0D-4607-9EF9-E61D83A449EC
        charset=utf-8

utf-8"></head><body dir=3D"auto">We=E2=80=99re getting by here in Roscoe, IL=
, still playing with Spridgets and TRs and Spec Racers. Exponential growth i=
s a dizzying thing, and I love our guy Dr. Fauci. He doesn=E2=80=99t care ab=
 department of defense component, and more importantly right now we are 35% m=
edical &nbsp;actuation, so we are hoping to avoid a shutdown. We=E2=80=99ve b=
een asked to ramp up production of an actuator we make (YouTube search Zoll A=
utopulse; that=E2=80=99s our actuator in the guts of the machine), and we ar=
e rapidly working to help with ventilator demand. Conservative models show w=
e will need 100,000 more than currently exist. I now know a person who has i=
t, a healthy 40-something Colorado ski bum who air bnb=E2=80=99d her place t=
o an Austrian who had it. She is just coming off 5 days of 102F to 104F feve=
, 2020, at 9:07 PM, WFO Herb via Spridgets &lt;spridgets@autox.team.net&gt; w=
iv><div>As a single guy, I eat out (not much of a cook).&nbsp; With all rest=
/div><div>Here's the rub...Why is it we can't eat out or be in a group of mo=
re than 10 people yet the grocery stores are packed with hundreds of people?=
&nbsp; If the mean old virus is anywhere that's where it would be, right.</d=
iberal and the left has brought America to a standstill.&nbsp;</div><div><br=
lass=3D"gmail_attr">On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 11:43 AM Weslake1330 via Spridge=
ts &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net";>spridgets@autox.team.net<=
/a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0p=
x 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><di=
ld and I have never seen supermarket shelves empty like I did earlier this e=
vening.&nbsp; Thursday is one of my normal shopping days, the other is Monda=
y.&nbsp; Call me a snob but I shop in Sainsburys and the other shoppers look=
 diverse supply of canned and dried food along with some water and a few car=
tons of UHT milk - it would keep the family going for about 3 weeks.&nbsp; I=
 have a note of the use by dates and routinely an old tin comes out of the c=
upboard to be used and a new tin goes in the cupboard to replace it. Of cour=
se we do always have other food in the 'regular' cupboard and we have a smal=
l freezer.&nbsp; So, I'm constantly able to remind the rest of my family abo=
ut this in case they need reassurance.&nbsp; We have few elderly neighbours a=
>We call it toilet paper and I think you might mostly call&nbsp;it toilet ti=
ssue and not to put too fine a point on it it's what you wipe your arse with=
.&nbsp; In normal times we have occasionally had a martial row when the pers=
on who was supposed to buy some let stocks expire.&nbsp; Kitchen roll makes a=
 poor substitute and can block your household plumbing/outside drain and sew=
er.&nbsp; We have a reasonable stock at present but I'm old enough to know t=
hat know is a good time to hang onto a few more old newspapers than we do no=
rmally.&nbsp; Of course I'm not sure we have any 'bulldog clips' but I think=
 we could manage without if necessary.&nbsp; I guess other folk must have so=
fter backsides than I do or worry about seeing a reflection that includes ne=
in I take to and from work each day is now almost empty.&nbsp; Most of my of=
fice is working from home but I want to stay at work for as long as possible=
.&nbsp; IT hasn't been great for everyone and here at home while I have broa=
dband it runs on copper wire to the telephone pole outside my house and most=
 likely to the green 'GPO' box at the end of my straight and maybe still cop=
e money worries but things can change fast and there are many workers over h=
v><div>The virus doesn't actually seem to kill that many people and I expect=
 to live but if I don't I'm insured.&nbsp; I'm also 'saved' (from my sins) s=
o don't have to worry about where I'm going to end up - Heaven, or no-where i=
u can read at the BBC news site (which I think has some bias) things are unu=
sual here. I almost forgot - motor racing has been cancelled and the churche=
gain before panic buying takes off in your part of the world and if 'Bird Fl=
u Pandemic' (practically the same book as 'Corona Virus' isn't your sort of t=
hing maybe give a helpful vote to the positive reviews or read 'Rich Girl' -=
 more of a gear head story.&nbsp; 'Course even if I sell vast amounts of boo=
ks and can actually afford to cross the pond for a meet or an o-shit - there=
 might not be many planes flying.&nbsp; And the winner in all this is - The E=
nvironment and the toilet paper manufacturers - mostly likely short term for=
------------------------<br>
x.team.net</a><br>
t=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets"; rel=3D"noreferr=
er" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets</a>&nbsp; <a h=
ref=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">h=
ttp://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
ts/froggi60@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.tea=
m.net/mailman/options/spridgets/froggi60@gmail.com</a><br>
0,0,0);font-family:Arial;font-size:16px"><table border=3D"0" cellpadding=3D"=
0" cellspacing=3D"0" style=3D"border-collapse:collapse"><tbody><tr><td valig=
n=3D"top" style=3D"padding:0in"><div align=3D"center" style=3D"text-align:ce=
nter"><strong><span style=3D"font-size:18pt">'In God We Trust'&nbsp;&nbsp;</=
span></strong><span style=3D"font-size:14pt">Will be on every e-mail I send o=
ut from now on because, I don't want to lose our right to say it!.</span></d=
y:Arial;font-size:16px"><div style=3D"background-image:initial;background-po=
 style=3D"color:rgb(70,130,180);font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;back=
tyle=3D"color:rgb(70,130,180);font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;backgr=
ound-color:rgb(255,255,255);font-size:large">The only people&nbsp;worth gett=
ing even with are those who have helped you.&nbsp;</span><i style=3D"color:r=
gb(70,130,180);font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;background-color:rgb(=
 is an Important Message for anyone who receives this email:&nbsp; If you fo=
rward this correspondence, PLEASE DELETE THE FORWARDING HISTORY, which inclu=
des my email address!&nbsp; It is a courtesy to me and others who may not wi=
sh to have their email addresses sent all over the world!&nbsp; Erasing the h=
istory helps prevent Spammers from mining addresses and viruses from being p=
ropagated!&nbsp; IT ALSO PROTECTS YOU.<br><br>No trees were harmed in the cr=
eation of this email, though numerous electrons were horribly inconvenienced=
serif;background-color:rgb(255,255,255)">NOTICE: It is okay to print this em=
ail. Paper is a plentiful, biodegradable, renewable, recyclable, sustainable=
 product made from trees that supports our economy by providing jobs and inc=
ome for millions of Americans. Thanks to improved forest management, we have=
div></div>
e: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/soavero@yahoo.com</span><=

--Apple-Mail-B2ADB33C-1C0D-4607-9EF9-E61D83A449EC--

--===============4237205047476602867==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============4237205047476602867==--