Re: [Spridgets] News from England (no LBC)

To: WFO Herb <froggi60@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] News from England (no LBC)
From: Weslake1330 via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 17:48:51 +0000
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>

--000000000000b4c47505a14ce6da

Yep, the most people you will ever meet is when you are out shopping.  I
don't think even the Italians closed all the shops.

On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 at 02:06, WFO Herb <froggi60@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> broadband it runs on copper wire to the telephone pole outside my house and
>> most likely to the green 'GPO' box at the end of my straight and maybe
>> still copper to the exchange in the town centre.
>>
>> I don't have money worries but things can change fast and there are many
>> workers over hear in the wrong kind of job which now amounts to no job.
>>
>> The virus doesn't actually seem to kill that many people and I expect to
>> live but if I don't I'm insured.  I'm also 'saved' (from my sins) so don't
>> have to worry about where I'm going to end up - Heaven, or no-where if I'm
>> mistaken in my beliefs.
>>
>> So apart from what you can read at the BBC news site (which I think has
>> some bias) things are unusual here. I almost forgot - motor racing has been
>> cancelled and the churches have closed.
>>
>> So maybe by a little extra now and again before panic buying takes off in
>> your part of the world and if 'Bird Flu Pandemic' (practically the same
>> book as 'Corona Virus' isn't your sort of thing maybe give a helpful vote
>> to the positive reviews or read 'Rich Girl' - more of a gear head story.
>> 'Course even if I sell vast amounts of books and can actually afford to
>> cross the pond for a meet or an o-shit - there might not be many planes
>> flying.  And the winner in all this is - The Environment and the toilet
>> paper manufacturers - mostly likely short term for both.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Daniel1312
>>

>> ------------------------
>>
>> spridgets@autox.team.net
>>
>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>>
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets
>> http://autox.team.net/archive
>>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage:
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/froggi60@gmail.com
>>

> --
> *'In God We Trust'  *Will be on every e-mail I send out from now on
> because, I don't want to lose our right to say it!.
>

> The only people worth getting even with are those who have helped you. *-
>  Anonymous*
>
> Here is an Important Message for anyone who receives this email:  If you
> forward this correspondence, PLEASE DELETE THE FORWARDING HISTORY, which
> includes my email address!  It is a courtesy to me and others who may not
> wish to have their email addresses sent all over the world!  Erasing the
> history helps prevent Spammers from mining addresses and viruses from being
> propagated!  IT ALSO PROTECTS YOU.
>
> No trees were harmed in the creation of this email, though numerous
> electrons were horribly inconvenienced.
>
> NOTICE: It is okay to print this email. Paper is a plentiful,
> biodegradable, renewable, recyclable, sustainable product made from trees
> that supports our economy by providing jobs and income for millions of
> Americans. Thanks to improved forest management, we have more trees in
> America today than we had 100 years ago.

t shopping.=C2=A0 I don&#39;t think even the Italians closed all the shops.=
On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 at 02:06, WFO Herb &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:froggi60@gmail=
_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204=
,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr">Ditto what Mike said; much the sam=
=C2=A0 With all restaurants closed, I may be shedding a few pounds.=C2=A0 C=
eat out or be in a group of more than 10 people yet the grocery stores are =
packed with hundreds of people?=C2=A0 If the mean old virus is anywhere tha=
ers, things don&#39;t add up.=C2=A0 The liberal and the left has brought Am=
div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Thu, Mar=
 19, 2020 at 11:43 AM Weslake1330 via Spridgets &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:sprid=
gets@autox.team.net" target=3D"_blank">spridgets@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wro=
te:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px =
0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"=
 I have never seen supermarket shelves empty like I did earlier this evenin=
g.=C2=A0 Thursday is one of my normal shopping days, the other is Monday.=
=C2=A0 Call me a snob but I shop in Sainsburys and the other shoppers looke=
a diverse supply of canned and dried food along with some water and a few c=
artons of UHT milk - it would keep the family going for about 3 weeks.=C2=
=A0 I have a note of the use by dates and routinely an old tin comes out of=
 the cupboard to be used and a new tin goes in the cupboard to replace it. =
Of course we do always have other food in the &#39;regular&#39; cupboard an=
d we have a small freezer.=C2=A0 So, I&#39;m constantly able to remind the =
rest of my family about this in case they need reassurance.=C2=A0 We have f=
ew elderly neighbours and we can share or shop for them if they need us to<=
ly call=C2=A0it toilet tissue and not to put too fine a point on it it&#39;=
s what you wipe your arse with.=C2=A0 In normal times we have occasionally =
had a martial row when the person who was supposed to buy some let stocks e=
xpire.=C2=A0 Kitchen roll makes a poor substitute and can block your househ=
old plumbing/outside drain and sewer.=C2=A0 We have a reasonable stock at p=
resent but I&#39;m old enough to know that know is a good time to hang onto=
 a few more old newspapers than we do normally.=C2=A0 Of course I&#39;m not=
 sure we have any &#39;bulldog clips&#39; but I think we could manage witho=
ut if necessary.=C2=A0 I guess other folk must have softer backsides than I=
 do or worry about seeing a reflection that includes newspaper print when t=
om work each day is now almost empty.=C2=A0 Most of my office is working fr=
om home but I want to stay at work for as long as possible.=C2=A0 IT hasn&#=
39;t been great for everyone and here at home while I have broadband it run=
s on copper wire to the telephone pole outside my house and most likely to =
the green &#39;GPO&#39; box at the end of my straight and maybe still coppe=
have money worries but things can change fast and there are many workers ov=
er hear in the wrong kind of job which now amounts to no job.</div><div><br=
d I expect to live but if I don&#39;t I&#39;m insured.=C2=A0 I&#39;m also &=
#39;saved&#39; (from my sins) so don&#39;t have to worry about where I&#39;=
m going to end up - Heaven, or no-where if I&#39;m mistaken in my beliefs.<=
te (which I think has some bias) things are unusual here. I almost forgot -=
 motor racing has been cancelled and the churches have closed.</div><div><b=
r></div><div>So maybe by a little extra now and again before panic buying t=
akes off in your part of the world and if &#39;Bird Flu Pandemic&#39; (prac=
tically the same book as &#39;Corona Virus&#39; isn&#39;t your sort of thin=
g maybe give a helpful vote to the positive reviews or read &#39;Rich Girl&=
#39; - more of a gear head story.=C2=A0 &#39;Course even if I sell vast amo=
unts of books and can actually afford to cross the pond for a meet or an o-=
shit - there might not be many planes flying.=C2=A0 And the winner in all t=
his is - The Environment and the toilet paper manufacturers - mostly likely=
------------------------<br>
ox.team.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets"; rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets</a>=C2=A0 <a=
 href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank=
">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
ets/froggi60@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/options/spridgets/froggi60@gmail.com</a><br>
l;font-size:16px"><table border=3D"0" cellpadding=3D"0" cellspacing=3D"0" s=
tyle=3D"border-collapse:collapse"><tbody><tr><td valign=3D"top" style=3D"pa=
dding:0in"><div align=3D"center" style=3D"text-align:center"><strong><span =
style=3D"font-size:18pt">&#39;In God We Trust&#39;=C2=A0=C2=A0</span></stro=
ng><span style=3D"font-size:14pt">Will be on every e-mail I send out from n=
ow on because, I don&#39;t want to lose our right to say it!.</span></div><=
rial;font-size:16px"><div style=3D"background-image:initial;background-posi=
style=3D"color:rgb(70,130,180);font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;back=
style=3D"color:rgb(70,130,180);font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;back=
ground-color:rgb(255,255,255);font-size:large">The only people=C2=A0worth g=
etting even with are those who have helped you.=C2=A0</span><i style=3D"col=
or:rgb(70,130,180);font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;background-color=
v>Here is an Important Message for anyone who receives this email:=C2=A0 If=
 you forward this correspondence, PLEASE DELETE THE FORWARDING HISTORY, whi=
ch includes my email address!=C2=A0 It is a courtesy to me and others who m=
ay not wish to have their email addresses sent all over the world!=C2=A0 Er=
asing the history helps prevent Spammers from mining addresses and viruses =
from being propagated!=C2=A0 IT ALSO PROTECTS YOU.<br><br>No trees were har=
med in the creation of this email, though numerous electrons were horribly =
ew Roman&quot;,serif;background-color:rgb(255,255,255)">NOTICE: It is okay =

--===============1424036092182019206==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============1424036092182019206==--