Re: [Spridgets] News from England (no LBC)

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] News from England (no LBC)
From: HealeyRick via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 08:20:28 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>

--000000000000ce7ea705a184a999

Hey Ron,

Saw this in one of the Boston papers today.
https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/03/22/coronavirus-has-chelmsford-ventilat=
or-company-ramping-up-production/
What a small world we have through the Spridget family.

Rick Neville

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 12:51 PM Ron Soave via Spridgets <
spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote:

> [...]
>> actuator we make (YouTube search Zoll Autopulse; that=E2=80=99s our actu=
ator in the
>> guts of the machine), and we are rapidly working to help with ventilator
>> demand. Conservative models show we will need 100,000 more than currentl=
>> exist. I now know a person who has it, a healthy 40-something Colorado s=
ki
>> bum who air bnb=E2=80=99d her place to an Austrian who had it. She is ju=
st coming
>> off 5 days of 102F to 104F fevers.
>>
>> Stay safe, all.
>>
>> Ron Soave
>>
>> On Mar 19, 2020, at 9:07 PM, WFO Herb via Spridgets <
>> spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote:
>>
>> =EF=BB=BF
>> Ditto what Mike said; much the same here.
>>
>> As a single guy, I eat out (not much of a cook).  With all restaurants
>> closed, I may be shedding a few pounds.  Crazy!
>>
>> Here's the rub...Why is it we can't eat out or be in a group of more tha=
>> 10 people yet the grocery stores are packed with hundreds of people?  If
>> the mean old virus is anywhere that's where it would be, right.
>>
>> Look at the numbers, things don't add up.  The liberal and the left has
>> brought America to a standstill.
>>
>> Herb
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 11:43 AM Weslake1330 via Spridgets <
>> spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi List,
>>>
>>> Some (no LBC) news from England.
>>>
>>> As I told my kids (22 and 17) earlier I am 56 years old and I have neve=
>>> seen supermarket shelves empty like I did earlier this evening.  Thursd=
ay
>>> is one of my normal shopping days, the other is Monday.  Call me a snob=
 but
>>> I shop in Sainsburys and the other shoppers looked like Asda shoppers!
>>>
>>> Ever since 9/11 I have kept a diverse supply of canned and dried food
>>> along with some water and a few cartons of UHT milk - it would keep the
>>> family going for about 3 weeks.  I have a note of the use by dates and
>>> routinely an old tin comes out of the cupboard to be used and a new tin
>>> goes in the cupboard to replace it. Of course we do always have other f=
ood
>>> in the 'regular' cupboard and we have a small freezer.  So, I'm constan=
tly
>>> able to remind the rest of my family about this in case they need
>>> reassurance.  We have few elderly neighbours and we can share or shop f=
or
>>> them if they need us to
>>>
>>> We call it toilet paper and I think you might mostly call it toilet
>>> tissue and not to put too fine a point on it it's what you wipe your ar=
se
>>> with.  In normal times we have occasionally had a martial row when the
>>> person who was supposed to buy some let stocks expire.  Kitchen roll ma=
kes
>>> a poor substitute and can block your household plumbing/outside drain a=
nd
>>> sewer.  We have a reasonable stock at present but I'm old enough to kno=
>>> that know is a good time to hang onto a few more old newspapers than we=
 do
>>> normally.  Of course I'm not sure we have any 'bulldog clips' but I thi=
nk
>>> we could manage without if necessary.  I guess other folk must have sof=
ter
>>> backsides than I do or worry about seeing a reflection that includes
>>> newspaper print when they look in the mirror.
>>>
>>> The train I take to and from work each day is now almost empty.  Most o=
>>> my office is working from home but I want to stay at work for as long a=
>>> possible.  IT hasn't been great for everyone and here at home while I h=
ave
>>> broadband it runs on copper wire to the telephone pole outside my house=
 and
>>> most likely to the green 'GPO' box at the end of my straight and maybe
>>> still copper to the exchange in the town centre.
>>>
>>> I don't have money worries but things can change fast and there are man=
>>> workers over hear in the wrong kind of job which now amounts to no job.
>>>
>>> The virus doesn't actually seem to kill that many people and I expect t=
>>> live but if I don't I'm insured.  I'm also 'saved' (from my sins) so do=
n't
>>> have to worry about where I'm going to end up - Heaven, or no-where if =
I'm
> [...]
ame
>>> book as 'Corona Virus' isn't your sort of thing maybe give a helpful vo=
te
>>> to the positive reviews or read 'Rich Girl' - more of a gear head story=
.
>>> 'Course even if I sell vast amounts of books and can actually afford to
>>> cross the pond for a meet or an o-shit - there might not be many planes
>>> flying.  And the winner in all this is - The Environment and the toilet
>>> paper manufacturers - mostly likely short term for both.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Daniel1312
>>>

>>> ------------------------
>>>
>>> spridgets@autox.team.net
>>>
>>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>>> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>>>
>>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets
>>> http://autox.team.net/archive
>>>
>>> Unsubscribe/Manage:
>>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/froggi60@gmail.com
>>>

>> --
>> *'In God We Trust'  *Will be on every e-mail I send out from now on
>> because, I don't want to lose our right to say it!.
>>

>> The only people worth getting even with are those who have helped you. *=
-
>>  Anonymous*
>>
>> Here is an Important Message for anyone who receives this email:  If you
>> forward this correspondence, PLEASE DELETE THE FORWARDING HISTORY, which
>> includes my email address!  It is a courtesy to me and others who may no=
>> wish to have their email addresses sent all over the world!  Erasing the
>> history helps prevent Spammers from mining addresses and viruses from be=
ing
>> propagated!  IT ALSO PROTECTS YOU.
>>
>> No trees were harmed in the creation of this email, though numerous
>> electrons were horribly inconvenienced.
>>
>> NOTICE: It is okay to print this email. Paper is a plentiful,
>> biodegradable, renewable, recyclable, sustainable product made from tree=
>> that supports our economy by providing jobs and income for millions of
>> Americans. Thanks to improved forest management, we have more trees in
>> America today than we had 100 years ago.
>> ------------------------
>>
>> spridgets@autox.team.net
>>
>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>>
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets
>> http://autox.team.net/archive
>>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage:
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/soavero@yahoo.com
>>
>> ------------------------
>>
>> spridgets@autox.team.net
>>
>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>>
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets
>> http://autox.team.net/archive
>>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage:
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/grunthaner@gmail.com
>>

> --
> "Pay if forward" in honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut

papers today.=C2=A0=C2=A0<a href=3D"https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/03/22=
/coronavirus-has-chelmsford-ventilator-company-ramping-up-production/">http=
s://www.bostonherald.com/2020/03/22/coronavirus-has-chelmsford-ventilator-c=
ompany-ramping-up-production/</a>=C2=A0 What a small world we have through =
div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Mar=
 22, 2020 at 12:51 PM Ron Soave via Spridgets &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridge=
uote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1p=
x solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"auto">Even better -=
=C2=A0<a href=3D"https://youtu.be/cD1-KGzaRv8"; target=3D"_blank">https://yo=
tr"><br><blockquote type=3D"cite">On Mar 22, 2020, at 11:45 AM, Ron Soave &=
lt;<a href=3D"mailto:soavero@yahoo.com"; target=3D"_blank">soavero@yahoo.com=
r=3D"ltr">=EF=BB=BFHere=E2=80=99s a brief one. Our actuator is expanding/co=
ntracting the CPR compression strap. It has built in sensing to prevent pat=
, 2020, at 10:19 AM, Linda Grunthaner &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:grunthaner@gmai=
i Ron and Spridgiteers,=C2=A0<div>Ron can you tell me where I can=C2=A0find=
=C2=A0that link of the actuator you make as I searched youtube for=C2=A0Zol=
l Autopulse and there are a lot of training videos for CPR training but I d=
on&#39;t think that is the actuator you speak of. Ron keep up the good work=
n helping your company to get more of these actuator&#39;s produced? I just=
en checking with the group list in such a long time, I&#39;ve been pretty b=
usy teaching (now virtually) and often use FaceBook as images help more wit=
/NJ area: I just received good news from my good friend and teaching collea=
gue that her =C2=A0daughter is pregnant with the family&#39;s first grandch=
ild. The not so good news is she is a nurse in the critical care pediatric =
unit in a Washington DC hospital, she is due in September and the mom-to-be=
 is young (20-something). Our new single mom, =C2=A0school nurse is also a =
part-time nurse in a local hospital, she said they are begging for part tim=
e nurses to add more hours and she is nervous as PPE is running very short.=
ss the globe, and many at different ages and health conditions, mine are in=
 NYC. I love this group for the reality check as I always get great advice =
and above all happiness. Please check in every so often to know you are all=
 safe and well and ask for help when needed. As for me I love tent/camping =
and I am gathering leaves for what we campers use for you-know-what........=
Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 11:10 PM Ron Soave via Spridgets &lt;<a href=3D"mailto=
:spridgets@autox.team.net" target=3D"_blank">spridgets@autox.team.net</a>&g=
t; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0p=
x 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div d=
ir=3D"auto">We=E2=80=99re getting by here in Roscoe, IL, still playing with=
 Spridgets and TRs and Spec Racers. Exponential growth is a dizzying thing,=
 and I love our guy Dr. Fauci. He doesn=E2=80=99t care about politics.=C2=
defense component, and more importantly right now we are 35% medical =C2=A0=
actuation, so we are hoping to avoid a shutdown. We=E2=80=99ve been asked t=
o ramp up production of an actuator we make (YouTube search Zoll Autopulse;=
 that=E2=80=99s our actuator in the guts of the machine), and we are rapidl=
y working to help with ventilator demand. Conservative models show we will =
need 100,000 more than currently exist. I now know a person who has it, a h=
ealthy 40-something Colorado ski bum who air bnb=E2=80=99d her place to an =
Austrian who had it. She is just coming off 5 days of 102F to 104F fevers.=
 2020, at 9:07 PM, WFO Herb via Spridgets &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@a=
utox.team.net" target=3D"_blank">spridgets@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br=
/div><div>Here&#39;s the rub...Why is it we can&#39;t eat out or be in a gr=
oup of more than 10 people yet the grocery stores are packed with hundreds =
of people?=C2=A0 If the mean old virus is anywhere that&#39;s where it woul=
 add up.=C2=A0 The liberal and the left has brought America to a standstill=
ote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 11:43 AM=
 Weslake1330 via Spridgets &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net"; =
ote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px=
 solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr">Hi List,<div><br=
told my kids (22 and 17) earlier I am 56 years old and I have never seen su=
permarket shelves empty like I did earlier this evening.=C2=A0 Thursday is =
one of my normal shopping days, the other is Monday.=C2=A0 Call me a snob b=
ut I shop in Sainsburys and the other shoppers looked like Asda shoppers!</=
ned and dried food along with some water and a few cartons of UHT milk - it=
 would keep the family going for about 3 weeks.=C2=A0 I have a note of the =
use by dates and routinely an old tin comes out of the cupboard to be used =
and a new tin goes in the cupboard to replace it. Of course we do always ha=
ve other food in the &#39;regular&#39; cupboard and we have a small freezer=
.=C2=A0 So, I&#39;m constantly able to remind the rest of my family about t=
his in case they need reassurance.=C2=A0 We have few elderly neighbours and=
We call it toilet paper and I think you might mostly call=C2=A0it toilet ti=
ssue and not to put too fine a point on it it&#39;s what you wipe your arse=
 with.=C2=A0 In normal times we have occasionally had a martial row when th=
e person who was supposed to buy some let stocks expire.=C2=A0 Kitchen roll=
 makes a poor substitute and can block your household plumbing/outside drai=
n and sewer.=C2=A0 We have a reasonable stock at present but I&#39;m old en=
ough to know that know is a good time to hang onto a few more old newspaper=
s than we do normally.=C2=A0 Of course I&#39;m not sure we have any &#39;bu=
lldog clips&#39; but I think we could manage without if necessary.=C2=A0 I =
guess other folk must have softer backsides than I do or worry about seeing=
 a reflection that includes newspaper print when they look in the mirror.</=
lmost empty.=C2=A0 Most of my office is working from home but I want to sta=
y at work for as long as possible.=C2=A0 IT hasn&#39;t been great for every=
one and here at home while I have broadband it runs on copper wire to the t=
elephone pole outside my house and most likely to the green &#39;GPO&#39; b=
ox at the end of my straight and maybe still copper to the exchange in the =
ings can change fast and there are many workers over hear in the wrong kind=
sn&#39;t actually seem to kill that many people and I expect to live but if=
 I don&#39;t I&#39;m insured.=C2=A0 I&#39;m also &#39;saved&#39; (from my s=
ins) so don&#39;t have to worry about where I&#39;m going to end up - Heave=
So apart from what you can read at the BBC news site (which I think has som=
e bias) things are unusual here. I almost forgot - motor racing has been ca=
a little extra now and again before panic buying takes off in your part of =
the world and if &#39;Bird Flu Pandemic&#39; (practically the same book as =
&#39;Corona Virus&#39; isn&#39;t your sort of thing maybe give a helpful vo=
te to the positive reviews or read &#39;Rich Girl&#39; - more of a gear hea=
d story.=C2=A0 &#39;Course even if I sell vast amounts of books and can act=
ually afford to cross the pond for a meet or an o-shit - there might not be=
 many planes flying.=C2=A0 And the winner in all this is - The Environment =
and the toilet paper manufacturers - mostly likely short term for both.</di=
------------------------<br>
ox.team.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets"; rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets</a>=C2=A0 <a=
 href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank=
">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
ets/froggi60@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/options/spridgets/froggi60@gmail.com</a><br>
l;font-size:16px"><table border=3D"0" cellpadding=3D"0" cellspacing=3D"0" s=
tyle=3D"border-collapse:collapse"><tbody><tr><td valign=3D"top" style=3D"pa=
dding:0in"><div align=3D"center" style=3D"text-align:center"><strong><span =
style=3D"font-size:18pt">&#39;In God We Trust&#39;=C2=A0=C2=A0</span></stro=
ng><span style=3D"font-size:14pt">Will be on every e-mail I send out from n=
ow on because, I don&#39;t want to lose our right to say it!.</span></div><=
:rgb(70,130,180);font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;background-color:r=
:rgb(70,130,180);font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;background-color:r=
gb(255,255,255);font-size:large">The only people=C2=A0worth getting even wi=
th are those who have helped you.=C2=A0</span><i style=3D"color:rgb(70,130,=
180);font-family:&quot;Times New Roman&quot;;background-color:rgb(255,255,2=
mportant Message for anyone who receives this email:=C2=A0 If you forward t=
his correspondence, PLEASE DELETE THE FORWARDING HISTORY, which includes my=
 email address!=C2=A0 It is a courtesy to me and others who may not wish to=
 have their email addresses sent all over the world!=C2=A0 Erasing the hist=
ory helps prevent Spammers from mining addresses and viruses from being pro=
pagated!=C2=A0 IT ALSO PROTECTS YOU.<br><br>No trees were harmed in the cre=
ation of this email, though numerous electrons were horribly inconvenienced=
,serif;background-color:rgb(255,255,255)">NOTICE: It is okay to print this =
email. Paper is a plentiful, biodegradable, renewable, recyclable, sustaina=
ble product made from trees that supports our economy by providing jobs and=
 income for millions of Americans. Thanks to improved forest management, we=
 have more trees in America today than we had 100 years ago.</span></div></=
div></div></div>
mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">spridgets@autox.team.net=
t/donate.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></span>=
n>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets"; target=3D"_b=