Re: [Spridgets] April 11th

To: Paul Van Wig <pvanwig@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] April 11th
From: James Gruber via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 14:11:00 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net

--Apple-Mail-0D5E1BCF-9465-46F0-9610-C3981F405287
        charset=utf-8

Paul, and easy to change out those Beehive Lamp sockets time the same two co=
nnector sockets as used up front and add LED turn signals. I did that and ad=
ded a Red wire coming off of the LED Tail light array that also lights up th=
e low power on the LED Bulb so those illuminate same us the upper brake ligh=
t assembly. I left high power for turn signal. A simple addition. Or change j=
ust the sockets and use the 1157 bulb, 2 conductor bulb.=20

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 19, 2020, at 7:13 PM, Paul Van Wig <pvanwig@mac.com> wrote:
>=20
> =EF=BB=BF
> Just finished adding brake/tail light with 60 LEDs to the Bugeye. Looks gr=
eat in daylight.=20
> Paul Van Wig
>=20
> Big Bear/Lakewood, CA
>=20
>=20
>=20
>> On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 2:26 PM David Woerpel via Spridgets <spridgets@au=
tox.team.net> wrote:
>> Hi all, Good to hear from you folks!  Enjoyed the videos Linda!  Rick is c=
orrect but no, I'm not done with it yet.  Had to sort out a bit of play in t=
he MGA left front wheel.  I removed the hub but not the bearings, reinstalle=
d and tightened it down past the castellated slot and still had had some pla=
y.  Grabbing the wheel at the top doesn't give me clunking sound but shaking=
 it with hands at 9 and 3 positions gives me the slight play. I'm starting t=
o suspect inner tie rod at the rack.  It's not that bad so will keep an eye o=
n it. Would not have noticed it if I hadn't played with it to start with.  S=
o, NOW on to the Sprite clutch slave remote bleeder.  Thanks Rick;  I'm an o=
ld guy and cellophane came from somewhere in my brain (lucky anything gets o=
ut of there!)  Plastic baggie it is.  Thanks for confirming.
>>=20
>> Dave W.
>>=20
>> Please stay at home and give our health care workers a break!
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> On 4/18/2020 11:06 AM, Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets wrote:
>>> Thanks for the tip Rick.
>>> Linda
>>>=20

f a piece of plastic bag or similar (not cellophane) under the cap would kee=
p the master from draining while he replaced the line on his slave.  Yes, it=
 will work Dave.  But you're probably all done by now.  :-)
 proper pressure/nopressure on the master cylinder.

C=20

ig@mac.com

--Apple-Mail-0D5E1BCF-9465-46F0-9610-C3981F405287
        charset=utf-8

utf-8"></head><body dir=3D"auto">Paul, and easy to change out those Beehive L=
amp sockets time the same two connector sockets as used up front and add LED=
 turn signals. I did that and added a Red wire coming off of the LED Tail li=
ght array that also lights up the low power on the LED Bulb so those illumin=
ate same us the upper brake light assembly. I left high power for turn signa=
l. A simple addition. Or change just the sockets and use the 1157 bulb, 2 co=
r=3D"ltr"><br><blockquote type=3D"cite">On Apr 19, 2020, at 7:13 PM, Paul Va=
ype=3D"cite"><div dir=3D"ltr">=EF=BB=BF<div dir=3D"ltr">Just finished adding=
&nbsp;brake/tail light with 60 LEDs to the Bugeye. Looks great in daylight.&=
nbsp;<br clear=3D"all"><div><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_signature" data-=
smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr"><p style=3D"font-size:12.8px"=
s=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 2:26 PM David Woerpel via Spridgets=
 &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net";>spridgets@autox.team.net</a=
>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0=
px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
nbsp;
      Rick is correct but no, I'm not done with it yet.&nbsp; Had to sort ou=
      a bit of play in the MGA left front wheel.&nbsp; I removed the hub but=

      not the bearings, reinstalled and tightened it down past the
      castellated slot and still had had some play.&nbsp; Grabbing the wheel=

      at the top doesn't give me clunking sound but shaking it with
      hands at 9 and 3 positions gives me the slight play. I'm starting
      to suspect inner tie rod at the rack.&nbsp; It's not that bad so will
      keep an eye on it. Would not have noticed it if I hadn't played
      with it to start with.&nbsp; So, NOW on to the Sprite clutch slave
      remote bleeder.&nbsp; Thanks Rick;&nbsp; I'm an old guy and cellophane=
 came
      from somewhere in my brain (lucky anything gets out of there!)&nbsp;
      Plastic baggie it is.&nbsp; Thanks for confirming.</p>
      via Spridgets wrote:<br>
     =20
          AM Rick Fisk &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:refisk@chartermi.net"; target=3D=
"_blank">refisk@chartermi.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
              wanted to know if a piece of plastic bag or similar (not
              cellophane) under the cap would keep the master from
              draining while he replaced the line on his slave.&nbsp; Yes, i=
              will work Dave.&nbsp; But you're probably all done by now. &nb=
sp;:-)</div>
                  Linda Grunthaner via Spridgets &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:sprid=
gets@autox.team.net" target=3D"_blank">spridgets@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
                  wrote:<br>
                          breath and keep the fluid at proper
                          pressure/nopressure&nbsp;on the master cylinder.</=
div>
                          so did I)</div>

eIVufyRMA" target=3D"_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DAzeIVufyRMA</=
a><br>
8UEsHZzYo" target=3D"_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DAX8UEsHZzYo</=
a><br>
                      2020 at 5:30 PM David Woerpel via Spridgets &lt;<a hre=
f=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">spridgets@autox.team=
.net</a>&gt;
                      wrote:<br>
x 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Howdy
                      folks,<br>
                      Hope all is well with list members, that's you too
                      Mark!&nbsp; Assume people <br>
                      have been getting a lot of work done on their cars
                      during this period of <br>
                      "house arrest".&nbsp; I'm finally getting around to
                      installing a remote <br>
                      clutch bleeder in the Bugeye.&nbsp; Too many joints
                      creaking and complaining <br>
                      contorting myself into the footwell. Does the
                      cellophane under the M/C <br>
                      screw top work to prevent all the fluid draining
                      out of the M/C?&nbsp; I <br>
                      forgot the slave is supplied by a hard line.<br>
                      Also, I pause today to remember our friend and
                      mentor, Frank. Still have <br>
                      (always will) the WWFD sticker on my car and tool
                      box. By extension we <br>
                      remember Paul A.; another mentor and guru in his
                      own right.&nbsp; Miss you <br>
                      guys.&nbsp; You taught us well.<br>
                      Stay safe, stay home and work on your cars and the
                      endless Honey Do list <br>
                      our wives keep dreaming up.&nbsp; Be well friends.<br>=

                      "Pay It Forward"<br>
                      "It only goes one way"<br>
                      Dave W<br>
                      '59 :{)<br>
                      '59 MGA 1550<br>
                      Burlington WI<br>
                      ------------------------<br>
      -- <br>

            honor of Frank Clarici III, Spritenut</span><br>
      <fieldset></fieldset>
      <pre>------------------------

x.team.net</a>

/www.team.net/donate.html</a>

Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets"; target=3D"_blan=
k">http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets</a>  <a href=3D"http://autox.team=
.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

ts/dwoerpel@wi.net" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/=
spridgets/dwoerpel@wi.net</a>
</pre>

------------------------<br>
x.team.net</a><br>
t=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets"; rel=3D"noreferr=
er" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets</a>&nbsp; <a h=
ref=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">h=
ttp://autox.team.net/archive</a><br>
ts/pvanwig@mac.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.n=
et/mailman/options/spridgets/pvanwig@mac.com</a><br>

--Apple-Mail-0D5E1BCF-9465-46F0-9610-C3981F405287--

--===============6719910334783105598==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============6719910334783105598==--