[Spridgets] Mike's fuelish Bugeye

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Mike's fuelish Bugeye
From: crusaderchuck55--- via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 10:44:37 -0400

----_com.lge.email_14247482782050
   charset=utf-8

Alrighty then! ( Ace Ventura moment!)I am smelling a rat in the fuel delivery
system not the carb!First is your fuel pump set up at the tank or in the engine
compartment??? ??That's a beginning.?? ??Pumps seem to like being close to the
tank pushing fuel as opposed to being well away from the tank and pulling
fuel.?? ??These fuel tanks have a fixed pick up tube in them that can be a real
pain in the posterior if anything has obstructed the tube , end of the tube
rusted off or a tank sealer applied and glued the tube shut or tank sealer
applied wrong & peeling off , clogging the pickup tube.?? ??Another fun one (
happened to my car early in my ownership!) Is the lost has cap , rag stuffed in
the filler neck and OOPS , rag ended up in the tank!?? ??Does nothing initially
but eventually the electric pump sucked the tag against the pickup tube , and
sediment fouled the rag and it acted like a blocked fuel filter.?? Started ,
ran for a bit and would quit...?? That drove me crazy until I dropped the tank
, pulled the sending unit and looks into the tank !?? ????Mike somewhere you
have a restriction keeping your fuel from freely flowing from the pickup in the
tank to feed your pump.?? ??Possibly an internally collapsing rubber fuel line
connecting pump to tank??? ??This ethanol fuel has done some rather odd stuff
to rubber components over time.?? ??Just some thoughts which might point you in
a direction of discovering what is wrong.ChuckSent from my LG Mobile
----_com.lge.email_14247482782050
   charset=utf-8

</head>
moment!)</div><div dir="auto">I am smelling a rat in the fuel delivery system
not the carb!</div><div dir="auto">First is your fuel pump set up at the tank
or in the engine compartment?&nbsp; &nbsp;That's a beginning.&nbsp; &nbsp;Pumps
seem to like being close to the tank pushing fuel as opposed to being well away
from the tank and pulling fuel.&nbsp; &nbsp;</div><div dir="auto">These fuel
tanks have a fixed pick up tube in them that can be a real pain in the
posterior if anything has obstructed the tube , end of the tube rusted off or a
tank sealer applied and glued the tube shut or tank sealer applied wrong &amp;
peeling off , clogging the pickup tube.&nbsp; &nbsp;Another fun one ( happened
to my car early in my ownership!) Is the lost has cap , rag stuffed in the
filler neck and OOPS , rag ended up in the tank!&nbsp; &nbsp;Does nothing
initially but eventually the electric pump sucked the tag against the pickup
tube , and sediment fouled the rag and it acted like a blocked fuel
filter.&nbsp; Started , ran for a bit and would quit...&nbsp; That drove me
crazy until I dropped the tank , pulled the sending unit and looks into the
tank !&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;</div><div dir="auto">Mike somewhere you have a
restriction keeping your fuel from freely flowing from the pickup in the tank
to feed your pump.&nbsp; &nbsp;Possibly an internally collapsing rubber fuel
line connecting pump to tank?&nbsp; &nbsp;This ethanol fuel has done some
rather odd stuff to rubber components over time.&nbsp; &nbsp;</div><div
dir="auto">Just some thoughts which might point you in a direction of

----_com.lge.email_14247482782050--

--===============5006619103384445254==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============5006619103384445254==--