Re: The big Race at IRP

To: Jim D <donato1@netusa1.net>
Subject: Re: The big Race at IRP
From: Paul Fitzsimmons <fitzsmns@mwci.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 18:09:44 -0500
I originally had some misgivings about the number of cars which were to be on
the track.  Over 60, and IRP is only rated for 50 by SCCA.  We were about at
50, as I understand it, and I just had a ball.
I do understand that the gridding got screwed up and we were not gridded by
lottery position.
I think it would be a great series for next year.  I think we should keep it
light hearted in approach, keeping in mind that we do race for fun, not
position and prizes.  We did have some body contact incidents and there is no
doubt the racing was hard and fast.  I don't think we need any more incentives
to take more chances.
Of course the fact that we had been cooped up in tents during the two day
monsoons may have had something to do with the hard racing.
I have been looking at the numbers for different race groups this year, and I
think that some type of realignment of the groups should be done.  I am not
about to suggest what, as I do not consider myself that knowledgeable about the
area.  Perhaps some of the more experienced of our group would have some
thoughts.
Fitz