Re: The big Race at IRP

To: Jim D <donato1@netusa1.net>
Subject: Re: The big Race at IRP
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 20:53:10 -0500
Do it again? -- yes

Have fun ?-- strong yes

Run a 3 - event thing? yes

We enjoyed the lottery grid positions. However, we might need some attention to
the awards thing for a series. If awarded on the basis of class finish, then
gridding based on lottery system becomes less meaningful.

One additional comment -- I don't enjoy having Corvettes (just an example) run
with all the little cars. I do enjoy the eclectic fields we experience in
enduros, because being passed at a significant speed differential while doing
100 mph myself is a real rush -- but in an enduro, I have more time to monitor
my mirrors. I don't enjoy that while battling for position, like we did in the
Challenge race. But then, maybe not everybody had the fierce battle that Jim
and Gary and Jack did.

Finally, a huge THANKS to Jim Donato and Wm. S. Thompson III for again bringing
a huge measure of "fun" to the sport, both on and off the track.

--
uncle jack
TR4 - 10 mpg