Gearing

To: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gearing
From: Jim Parent <76276.1555@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 26 May 96 13:41:20 EDT
I have a question for any of you who have updated/modified your trans and/or
differentials;

What gear ratios are you using.  I currently have the stock 2.88 axle with the
stock transmission.  My custom 302 has
just been delivered and now I am in the process of selecting a power train to go
behind it.  I intend to keep the 4-speed
top-loader but am thinking of going to wider gears if I keep the 2.88 (which I
am also leaning towards).  I intend to use a
centerforce 10.5" clutch/PP/bearing and a custom shift linkage.

I also currently am planning to keep my 13" wheels although I have toyed with
the idea of going to 14" with 60 profile tires.

I just wondered what y'all think would be an appropriate gearing set-up.

Regards,

JP