Re: Gearing

To: khansen@epix.net (Ken Hansen)
Subject: Re: Gearing
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 96 8:37:33 PDT
Several years ago Philip Ethier posted a set of spread instructions to
the british-cars list that allows you to calculate engine RPM based on
transmission gearing, rear end gearing, wheel diameter/width, tire size
and speed.  It's really just a set of formulas which can be used to do
the same calculation using a calculator.  I tried it out for my snake
and it seems to come out about right on.

I have a copy if anyone is interested.  It might even be available on
the SOL archives.

Roland
cobra@cdc.hp.com