Re: that's _darn_ the torpedos :)

To: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com, tigers@autox.team.net, Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com
Subject: Re: that's _darn_ the torpedos :)
From: HW200@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 16:40:39 -0500 (EST)
I have a Tiger also produced late in 1966. It has a 260, (2589) intermittent
manufacturing between 260's and 289's is more than a legend, it's a farce.
Not only
would a manufacturer be scrambling with inefficiency but so would the
eventual consumer who was told by the manufacturer they actually DID have a
260 under the hood for that year. That's like a modern day 5.0 mustang having
a 351 slipped in occasionally just to make things interesting for the
consumer. Whether it's Ford or Rootes, I don't think any manufacturer could
be responsible for that. -Hank