Re: Re[2]: that's _darn_ the torpedos :)

To: JLAIFMAN@pnm.mhs.compuserve.com, LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com,
Subject: Re: Re[2]: that's _darn_ the torpedos :)
From: BunkyR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 22:54:32 -0500 (EST)
You are all forgeting one _very_ major thing...the reason they could and did
get away with this up until the mid 70's is because the "victim" mentality
had not caught on. "Sue Everyone" has become the knee jerk reaction to any
"irregularities" even when they  improve on what you really wanted. Heck..if
I got the 351 Mustang GT <which is an improvement> I would sue for
psychological damage. "No your Honor...I had never flirted with young women
until I purchased that..that...car from hell! <gasp!>"                      OR

I could sue for medical damage to my cervical vertibrae from
"incorrect/insuficient information pertaining to the operation of said motor
vehicle at maximum RPM from a dead stop." They knew that most people buying
the V-8 equipped Monza didn't know a dual point from a shift point. The ones
who did were buying up all the Tigers, Cobras, Vette's, and Boss/GT Mustangs
they could find..<remember the "Gas Shortage" ?> Bottom line...of course
there were irregularites..were they as blatant as a 289 instead of a 260 ?
Yep, probably happened more than a couple at the end of the MK 1A. Look at
how the 66' Shelby GT-350 was bastardized at the end <GT-350 and GT-350H's at
the tail end had "interchangeable parts"...even thought the H's were
"detuned" <aka less performance parts> than a street GT-350. I have been to
atleast 2 Shelby shows where the arguments took hours..with photocopies of
PN's and overhead transparencies. They are worse than any of us Tiger
owners...we still remember the reason we bought our cars..to drive..not as a
collector piece to sit in the garage and only trailer to shows...C'mon...Ol'
Shell' would kick your butts for doing that in one of his cars <if he wasn't
making so much money that is !!! :>

My .02$ worth...

BunkyR