Float Valve Stickies

To: Tigers Digest <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Float Valve Stickies
From: "Ed E. Powell" <102430.3640@compuserve.com>
Date: 29 Jan 97 12:17:21 EST
Mine is stuck in the "UP" position.  Hey, hey, hey -- this IS about Tigers.  I'm
referring to float valve in my carburetor  (gosh, you can't be too careful, can
you?).

The carburetor is original -- I confess I don't know what make or model.  I just
drive it, I don't explain it.  Anyway, the float valve occasionally sticks, the
fuel bowl empties, and the engine stops.  Not too good.

I've messed about with it a bit, and realized slight improvement.  I'm looking
out for suggestions on how to correct the problem  _and_  suggestions for
carburetor replacement.  Assuming both routes can resolve the problem, which is
the better option?

Topically Correct,
Eddy -CA  B382002639
(Norm, I  _will_  get info for the registry soon after I get the machine out of
storage.)