RE: Float Valve Stickies

To: Tigers Digest <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Float Valve Stickies
From: "Ed E. Powell" <102430.3640@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 30 Jan 97 22:08:28 EST
Thanks to all for the input on this.  I'll probably try the rebuild first,
confining my effort to the float valve works only.  If I grow weary of repeated
rebuilds, I can go with a new unit later.

I agree that the spindle is likely worn; the behaviour of the unit supports that
analysis.  I tried cleaning it sparkly, but that didn't resolve the problem.  As
for the small hammer, well, you know, I've been doing that.  Perhaps the answer
is some sort of linkage from the dash to the hammer so that I don't need to get
out of the car in the rain.

Eddy