Re: Tigers United XXIII Results

To: gumby@connectexpress.com, rootes@ix.netcom.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Re: Tigers United XXIII Results
From: RSpontelli@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 22:59:19 EDT
In a message dated 98-07-02 06:33:31 EDT, gumby@connectexpress.com writes:

<< Is what I'm seeing correct?  The best time in the Autocross was turned in
by
 a stock Tiger ?  You modified Tiger people should be ashamed!  Was it just
the
 Altitude that was killing the performance of the Beefed up[ Tigers?  Just
 surprised and curious !! >>

No.  It's neither surprising nor curious.

When we bought the Mk II, it was very heavily modified--repositioned upper A-
arms, a rear shock moved from the rear to the front of the axle housing, no
panhard rod, rear sway-bar, stuff like that.  Since many of the mods were not
allowed in the class we wanted to run (SCCA/BSP), we started undoing the
damage and returning the car to a more stock condition.  Every time we undid a
goofy mod, the handling improved.

So, you see, it's neither surprising nor curious.

Then you got to remember too, that in some left-coast neighborhoods, full-on
Hi-Po 289s and quick-steering racks are considered "stock."  And that's all
just fine . . . as long as they don't switch wheels between the autocross and
the concourse . . .

Ramon