Re: Tigers United XXIII Results

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tigers United XXIII Results
From: "Norman C. Miller" <rootes1@best.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 12:09:10 -0700
At 11:57 PM 7/2/98 EDT, Mike Wood wrote:

>.. The reason for this is that none of the major sanctioning bodies have
>ever accepted the LAT stuff as homologated. If you don't believe me, look at
>an SCCA autocross rule book...

I don't know about you, but to my knowledge there has been only one attempt
to approach SCCA concerning acceptance of LAT options.  That was a long
time ago and undertaken by a single individual.  If I remember correctly,
the motivation was failure of a "stock" steel wheel.  I thought the outcome
was a change in SCCA rules, which allowed the use of 5 1/2 " alloy LAT's,
or LAT style (P/S GT) replacements, but I digress.

The point is, what are you waiting for?