Re: Tigers United XXIII Results

To: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: Tigers United XXIII Results
From: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 02:55:00 -0700
    Actually I noticed several things.  The gaps between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd,
became tighter in progress classifications.  What I was suprised to see was that
a stock class Tiger "could" turn a better time than a prepared Autocross
amchine, which I assumed there were at least a few in the personalized or
Modified classes.  I may be wrong here, since I wasn't there, and don't know the
class specifications.  I only remember the Autocross that I ran my Alpine in way
back in 77, where I had to run in a "prepared" class which was a disaster for
me, since The only things that were prepared was the Delin Bushings, Adjustable
shock, non stock carbs with no air filters, and the Racing compound BFG T/A BR60
X 13 radials.  The tires alone put me in that class...Only problem was Mine had
maybe 45-50 HP left in that tired old engine.  My competition was a couple of
road racing MGB's, and a couple of nicely prepared Super 7's.  If you doubled
their times, I still wasn't close....But I gave her all she'd take.....you could
almost here Scotty saying.."Cap'n She's brrakin oop"...    My famous Molten
Piston happened 3 days later.

    I guess I expected some very prepared, (and previously tested and proven),
Tigers in the upper classes.  So I was surprised to see a LAT Stock Tiger taking
the best time on the track!!!

Rich