Re: Tigers United XXIII Results

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Tigers United XXIII Results
From: "Doug Mallory" <rdmallory@earthling.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 21:34:31 -0400
It was too far for me to make the TU but I am planning on being at SUN III
next year.
Auto-x is 95% driver and 5% car. and the bet thig you can do for the driver
is practice, and know your car. You can't auto-x once or twice a year and
expect to be competive. I bet the fast time folks drive there cars weekly
and auto-x at least monthly. I attend and teach driving schools at least
twice a year and play monthly.A hint on the modified Tigers ... SLOW down
you will go faster. Don't carry more speed into corner then you can use a
Tiger will pick it back up at the apex quick enough. Hoosier, BFG R-1, and
other sticky tires will easily drop a few seconds off a street tire with a
200+ tread wear.

Doug Mallory
NCAC
BSP and now ITC