Re: Fraud?

To: JAN HARDE <harde@cyberesc.net>
Subject: Re: Fraud?
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 08:52:20 -0700
Well, someone let the cat out of the bag.

I was busily writing a rebuttal to Jim, about his comments to Bob.  I
was pointing out that Bob never said "TAC" certifier's, and that this
was an L.A. car, and there are damned few certified TAC inspectors here
(just Ramon, I think).  I was also going to point out that C.A.T. has
been around a long time, there were plenty of experienced Tiger owners,
mechanics, racers, etc. here to be considered expert, and that this very
discussion, about this very car was on this list over 8 months ago, when
it was in the papers AGAIN.

Lucky for me my net link went down, and I lost that message before I
sent it.  I can see that Bob needs absolutely no help in defending his
position.  You can say he has become an expert in this field. I also see
that our own Jan Harde has publicly announced that he looked that car
over for a potential buyer, and has listed the obvious nonconforming
issues leading to his conclusion.  As we all know, or should know, there
isn't much about the Tiger that Jan doesn't know.  I would say he
qualifies as an expert, and is very generous with his assistance.

There are probably other similarly knowledgeable experts in this area,
or who used to be in this area at the time this car was first offered,
and the conclusions made the publication date of Norm's book.  This is
an old fraud that is still trying to find (found) a pigeon.  The
discussion of this car, and the details of it's provenance, Norm's
citation, and the continued offering under presumably different owner's
names was on this list not long ago.

The fate of this auction deal will probably take a while to sort itself
out.  We now know the principles have been informed.  We now know that
the TAC codes were NOT violated, and the Paul assertion  of TAC chastity
(while not necessary to me, anyhow) have been confirmed by the actual
'perp' (er, Samaritan).

I hope this end's the vilifying of the Authentication group, and the
idea of authentication being and unnecessary procedure.  Every classic
Marque has one.

Thank you, Jan, for your unwavering support and generosity.

Steve
--
                      < one first win, is all >
                      < you get in this life. >