Re: Fuel Efficiency

To: CoolVT@aol.com, rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu, alcon@earthlink.net,
Subject: Re: Fuel Efficiency
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 10:57:01 EDT
Well, a number of people have responded to the fuel efficiency item, and I
appreciate it.  It wasn't my Tiger I was discussing with 11-12MPG, I was
commenting on a recent question posted here by someone.

Anyway, the consensus seems to be that most Tigers, if everything is set up
correct, can have upwards of 400HP and still get nearly 20MPG on the highway.
It seems that a number of people have had this experience.  Therefore, for the
one or two list members who were getting the 11-12 MPG, this indicates that
they should get their rigs checked over.

Someone had responded that even if the mileage can be increased or possibly
doubled, the savings would still represent a small fraction of the total
operating cost of the car.  I agree, but I think it's not necessarily a matter
of dollars and cents for most people.  I believe many owners want the feeling
that their car is "right".  When someone realizes that their car is getting
1/2 the mileage of another car with the same set-up and horsepower, then they
know something is wrong and want to straighten it out.         Mark L.