Re: Fuel Efficiency

To: alcon@earthlink.net, Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fuel Efficiency
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 17:33:59 EDT
Allan,
  If I go back to the 60's and think of a 273 HO with a 4 barrel I had in a
Barracuda I   remember that it could get 17 MPG on the highway as long as it
wasn't horsed.  I think the Barracuda must have weighed close to 500 lbs. more
than a Tiger.  I believe the horsepower was 239.
  Now I've always considered Ford products as the worse of the big three for
mileage, but I would think that a mild 289 or 302 should do better than 11-12
MPG on the highway.  .  Am I crazy or what?     Mark L.