Re: Brake Servo Units

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake Servo Units
From: TigerCoupe@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 00:50:05 EST
In a message dated 1/19/99 10:27:28 PM Pacific Standard Time,
laifman@flash.net writes:

> > My car has a Girling MK2A brake booster 5".
>
>  Stock for all but MkII, and re-build kits are about $60.  Not an easy job,
>  better use a pro.
>
>  > Why does the later Tigers have the bigger 7"booster? All the brake
>  > components seem to be the same on all Tigers.
>
>  The 7" MkII Tiger unit was also used on the Alpine Series V
Yes, the 7" booster unit was used on MK II Tigers and Series V Alpines.  It
was also fitted to MK IA Tigers beginning with about chassis number
B382001200.  I say "about" because there is an area of ambiguity on this
between the parts manual and actual observation of chassis numbers.

Dick Barker