Re: Brake Servo Units

To: Colin Mills <Colin.Mills@bluewin.ch>
Subject: Re: Brake Servo Units
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 07:47:51 -0800

Colin Mills wrote:

> Ah, I see.  That's why I have the window winders and door handles on the
> transmission tunnel ...  :-)
>
> Steve Laifman wrote:
>

> > Colin,
> >
> > Didn't anyone tell you that when Rootes put the steering wheel
> > "on the wrong side",  as you say, he swapped the pedal
> > application as well, for the sake of symmetry and consistency
> > of principle...........

Colin,

Yes, you've got it.  And, now that you are one of the 'Illuminati',  would
you please explain the rationale for putting the handbrake lever in the
exact location to bang your knuckles when you try to crank the window with
the brake set (MkI).

Perhaps an early attempt at a safety interlock, to keep the driver from
being distracted while rolling down the window when parked?

And look how CAREFULLY we exit the car with the brake on, so as not to
damage any vital organs that may be strategically straddling the brake.
Another safety measure?

With enough of these safety measures, we could get killed.

I suppose he could have left the handbrake on the right hand side, on
Export Models, so that the passenger operates it.  Let them bang their
knuckles, and straddle it exiting.

{9->

Just wondering.

Steve