Re: Brake Servo Units

To: laifman@flash.net
Subject: Re: Brake Servo Units
From: Colin Mills <Colin.Mills@bluewin.ch>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 21:05:11 +0100
> Ok then, you asked for it ..
>
> Colin,
>
> Yes, you've got it.  And, now that you are one of the 'Illuminati',  would
> you please explain the rationale for putting the handbrake lever in the
> exact location to bang your knuckles when you try to crank the window with
> the brake set (MkI).

Very simple.  To give pedestricnas the opportunity of throwing the door open
and applying the hand brake as careless Tiger drivers plough through shopping
centres, which were just coming into fashion in the mid sixties

> Perhaps an early attempt at a safety interlock, to keep the driver from
> being distracted while rolling down the window when parked?

Naaah.  Try opening the window while indicating and changing gear doing a
handbrake turn.

> And look how CAREFULLY we exit the car with the brake on, so as not to
> damage any vital organs that may be strategically straddling the brake.
> Another safety measure?

Where do you keep your vital organs?

> With enough of these safety measures, we could get killed.

Naaah.  But maybe seriously injured.

> I suppose he could have left the handbrake on the right hand side, on
> Export Models, so that the passenger operates it.  Let them bang their
> knuckles, and straddle it exiting.

Only on export models for Oz, where they still drive on the correct side of
the road and the passengers are stronger.  They also wear gloves and boxes*.

*    Box - piece of cricket equipment for protecting a batsman's ... er ...
equipment.