Re: Joining Shelby Club?

To: tiger technologies <tartanad@ix6.ix.netcom.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Joining Shelby Club?
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 09:56:21 -0800
Jeff, et Listers,

I believe that SAAC (Shelby American Automobile Club) considers the Tiger a
"Shelby" and welcomes us to join. I belonged for a couple of years (ca.
'78-'79). You get a nice glossy print news letter plus other benefits. On
one occasion I hosted a Tiger oriented event at Willow Springs under the
SAAC umbrella, which provided liability insurance at a very reasonable
price. I'm sure there are SAAC members on the List (Bo?) who could give us
up-to-date info and more reasons to join. I suspect that, generally, the
Tiger is better received within the Shelby community that with most
"British" car clubs, like it or not.

Bob

At 09:12 AM 3/8/99 -0800, tiger technologies wrote:
>To All:
>With all the web talk of late concerning Shelby, Rootes, et al, a thought
>crossed my mind. Have the Shelby Club folks ever considered opening their
>club to Tigers? I would think a Tiger contingent would bring new life to
>their club and offer Southern Californian Tiger guys and gals another outlet
>for their enthusiasm, if you get my drift.
>
>I know I'd join.
>
>Jeff the Tigerman

Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com