Re: torker& carter AFB -Reply

To: DJoh797014@aol.com
Subject: Re: torker& carter AFB -Reply
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 20:45:35 -0700
Dave,

Thanks for the comments. With the original air cleaner I was able to even
add some spacers under the carb for isolation, etc. But with my new,
super-bitchin, specially made by Dale, low restriction, color coordinated,
lifetime warranty air cleaner, I have basically zero clearance with no
spacers under the carb. Hence, my recent interest in getting a skoshe more
room. (Relaxed fit so to speak!)

BTW, I'm happy to hear you've put that Post-it note with all your computer
passwords in a safe place. ;-)

TTFN,

Bob

At 10:49 PM 5/7/99 -0400, DJoh797014@aol.com wrote:
>I'm running a F4B and Holley 600 with an original LAT hood.
>I'm also using the orginal AC air cleaner and have to
>problem hitting the hood.  My orginal steel hood also
>cleared.
>
>One thing that may explain it is I don't have the water plate
>under the Holley.  This may give the extra 1/2 in I needed to
>clear.  I've had no perculation problem but the carb will
>boil after shut off when its over 95 and the car is hot
>ie over 220 on the notoriously accurate temp guage.

Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com