Re: torker& carter AFB -Reply

To: twojohnsons@home.com, Daniel Jones <djones2@mdc.com>
Subject: Re: torker& carter AFB -Reply
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 20:49:34 -0400
At 11:19 AM -0400 5/9/99, twojohnsons@home.com wrote:
>Weiand (say Why-and) was just bought out by Holley. They had been making
>heads &
>manifolds back to the old flathead Ford days. Sad to see a leading brand
>sell out.
>But money talks. Pretty soon , there will only be a few stores left in
>corporate
>Amerika: Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Pep Boys (featuring Holley speed
>equipment), and of
>course, McDonalds.
>Al Johnson

Reminds me of  an editorial cartoon a few years back- the world had been
reduced to one giant company- "Food, Sex and Money Inc." With all the
Chysler-Benz, Ford-Volvo, VW-Rolls etc. megers, the auto companies are
doing their best to fufill their end of the prophecy. The result of this
will be the final reduction of the automoblie to a utilarian appliance- it
works great, and has all the soul of a microwave oven.