Re: to pvc or not to pvc

To: Scott Lampert <netscott@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: to pvc or not to pvc
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 20:52:44 -0400
At 02:09 PM 5/21/99 +0000, you wrote:
>is it better to not run a pvc and just go with breathers caps on the
>valve covers?
>i would think that it would be just another place to loose vacume at the
>intake.
>also i am running valve covers with no baffels in them, so i think it
>will just suck more oil in the intake.
>
>scott
        I also recommend keeping the pvc valve.  It helps keep the
crud out of the oil.  If you remove the pcv valve, then you need to
place.  This is a 5/8 to 3/4" tube , U shaped, one end stuck in the hole
the pvc valve was in and the other under the motor with a slant cut
to cause the smoke to be sucked out as you drive.  This is also
where the oil will drip on your 1940 garage floor.  Where the pvc hose
connected to the carb base you would need to fabricate a 1/16" dia
air bleed to "simulate" the pvc valve function to the carb.  You
should then have a hose to take clean "bleed" air from inside the
air cleaner.  The Ford and Holly carbs are designed to work with
the pvc valve and you need the air bleed (in place of the pvc)if
 you expect to idle very well.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others