Re: to pvc or not to pvc

To: MWood24020@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: to pvc or not to pvc
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 11:27:08 -0700
Mike,

So it is written, and so shall it be!! Now, as for PVC, I have always taken
this to mean "PolyVinyl Chloride", but Acronym Finder lists nine other
possibilities in its 84,000+ data base.

OK, OK, I'll shut up now!!

Bob

At 01:23 PM 5/22/99 -0400, MWood24020@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 5/21/99 10:19:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu writes:
>
><<  Using this
>  reference and typing in the acronym "PCV" yields the following results: >>
>Come on guys, EVERYONE knows that a PCV valve is a positive crankcase
>ventilation valve. Run an engine with a broken ring you will really see that
>sucker in action!
>There are any number of components in later model cars which would qualify as
>pollution control valves (EGR e.g.) and have no connection to the oil
>circulating (hopefully) around your engine.
>Mike

Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com