Re: Brake Booster

To: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Booster
From: "Daniel S. Eiland" <daniel@htg.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 08:37:11 -0600
Paul,
Want to thank you for your help. I installed my Midland booster this past
weekend and it went very smoothly. Having your photos to look at helped.
You would not believe how easy it was. I was  at  home depot the other day
picking up something for the house when I walked by all those prefab pieces
they use to connect 2x4 floor and roof joists. Made me wonder if I could
find something prefab out of heavy guage sheet steel that I could use with
minimal modification. Sure enough I found one used for hanging floor joists
that was exactly what I needed. Cost me a whopping 86 cents including tax.
Looked a little like the shape of a "Z". All I had to do was trim about 3/4
of an inch off one leg and change the angle of the upright in the center
slightly. Aligned my bolt holes and drilled them out and it bolted in first
time. Reused existing brake lines although I had to remove the double flare
and fitting and go with a single flare which I did myself as well. Car is
already back on the road. No longer do I have to stand up in the car to
stand on the brake to slow her down. Thanks again for your help. I will have
to sit down and sort it all out in a little more detail and put it on the
mail list with photos for others thinking of doing the same installation.
Dan Eiland in El Paso
daniel@htg.net
B382002652LRXFE