Re: Harmonic Balancer

To: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie), tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Harmonic Balancer
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 11:30:01 -0700
Armand,

Glad to pass on the URL. Yes these suckers are expensive, although they
have the Street version for about $150. And, it looks like these prices are
comparable with stock replacement units. I almost bought a Fluidampr for
may last rebuild. Still think I probably should have. I shudder every time
I hear about one of the Ford dampers coming loose at high rpm. They usually
do a lot of damage. The Fluidampr looks pretty bulletproof; and they say
its SFI approved, which certainly sounds impressive. There appears to be
quite a few race engines that are using this unit - but then again, some
are using Prolong, etc. too, so I don't believe that's always necessarily a
real endorsement. But, I kind of like the looks and idea of this particular
product too.

You have a nice day,

Bob

At 10:32 AM 7/26/99 -0700, Armand & Lorie Ritchie wrote:

>Thanks Bob, for the great web site, that's going in the archive.
>
>On the "Fluid Damper"I think I remember that there may be a clearance
>problem with the fluid damper but I could be wrong about that.  I have
>heard that the fluid dampers work real good but are expensive.  What do
>race cars use?  It seems to me that engines that really tach up there would
>need these fluid dampers to keep things balanced.  IMHO.
>
>regards Armand
>

>ritchie@mcn.org
>Armand & Lorie Ritchie

Robert L. Palmer