Re: Speed in the wind

To: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Speed in the wind
From: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz@www.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 06:53:19 -0500
James Barrett wrote:

> Folks,
>         Floyd is scheduled to visit me Tue. and Wed.
> Now my questions are:
>          If I drive my 351C Tiger II at 140 MPH down
> wind in the 155 MPH wind and I stick my hand out the
> window will I feel a 15 MPH wind from the rear?
>
>         What milage improvement can I expect when
> driving down wind?
>
>         How much wind will I feel when I make a
> U turn and go flat out?
>
>         How high has a Tiger flown ( without an
> airplane)?
>
>         Do Tigers float well in 20 ft. storm surges?
>
>         Any suggestions for removing salt water from a Tiger.
>

> James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others

James,

I don't know if you have ever seen a hurricane.  I haven't.  Only some
near hurricane force winds associated with Andrew and a couple of other
storms.  My advice is: "GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!".  A hurricane is
nothing you want to mess with.  I firmly believe the term "minimal
hurricane" should be banned as it gives people a false sense of
security.  A CAT 5 storm is will scrap everything in it's path out of
the way.  It is a once in a lifetime event you don't want to witness.

Jim Pickard
Lafayette, LA