Re: Speed in the wind

To: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Speed in the wind
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 07:55:16 -0700
Jim,

The news says that all plane flights to Florida are canceled.  Which means, of
course, that there are also no planes to get you out!!!

Don't fear, I have the solution to this and your questions about driving the
Tiger
in that wind.

First, if you were to do such a thing, you wouldn't have to worry about whether
your transmission is finished.  You'll go where Floyd wants to take you.  Since
Tiger is hardly waterproof, it is really not the vehicle of choice.

Here's the plan.

Our Government has had the foresight to park our ENTIRE fleet of Shuttles in
enclosures that can not stand the winds that can come by.  Wonder who wrote
those
specs?

Knowing your leg is bad, get a ride to the Cape and sneak into one of the
Vehicle
Assembly Buildings.  They call them VAB's because Rocket Guys can't handle big
words.  Can't miss them, they are pretty tall, and well marked.  Only "skeleton"
crews will be on hand.  Wonder if those guys REALLY understand what that word
means, here?

Get into the Shuttle with the worst building.  The strongest one isn't strong
enough, and will probably come crashing down on the shuttle, rather than blow
away.

When the winds come, strap in and you will get your flight out of Florida.  Land
at Edwards Air Force Base, in Lancaster, CA, and give me a call.  I'll come pick
you up, as I have clearance.

Have a good flight.  Oh yes, you'll have to bring your own peanuts.

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/